Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's all falling into place

I cant believe it. i really am moving to Canada. Ive officially applied for my Visa. should hear back in a few weeks. then will book some flights and accomodation. and off i go! im going to do a bit of travel in the US beforehand. LA and Vegas to start with, ive been both places before and loved them both so much i cant wait to go again. Cant wait to have a beer at The abbey West Hollywood, my favorite bar in LA. Then going somewhere ive never been, Chicago then New York. Then off to Toronto to start a new exciting adventure. am planning other trips to Vancouver to visit a good friend, Florida for some sunshine, and Mexico for some.. well more sunshine.
Im so bloody excited. and cant wait to quit my job. Im working way too hard, i barely get time to log onto blogger anymore.
I dont know when ill be back in Australia. I have 1 burning question. Do i come out to the rest of my family before i leave? I cant decide. I prolly wont see most of em til Xmas. Is coming out an Xmas a good idea? i dunno what im gunna do. More thinking required i think.

6 comments:

  1. why is every gay aussie moving to Canada?

    when i read your previous post that u were turning 30, i thought u were one of my friends! then i realised u're in Sydney. :) coincidentally, i'm flying into Sydney in about 15 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, John, thanks for writing the blog that you write. I have been following for the past year and love reading every time a new post comes up.

    I too am not out to my folks though my brother knows and is totally cool with it. He's met my BF, who I have been with for almost 2 years now. It's great to see how other folks like myself are dealing with their sexuality.

    Anyhow, I also wanted to comment because you're coming to my hometown of Toronto very shortly. I'd love to hear what you think of the place once you settle in. Welcome to Canada! All the best!

    G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same. I just recently came out to my brother and he's cool with it, but have never come out to any other family. I don't know if telling your parents over xmas is a good time. That's a lot of new information to take in over the holidays. Maybe after? Just make sure you are completely comfortable with yourself regardless of their reaction before you do. Also, welcome to Canada! I'm on Vancouver Island.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the comments guys, sorry ive taken so long to reply. i didnt know i had so many canadian readers! Ill definitely let you know what i think . Im already planning side trips to Montreal and Vancouver

    ReplyDelete