Thursday, May 6, 2010

caught up with my bro!!!

ok so i decided to bite the bullet, i msgd my brother this morning asking him to dinner & a game of pool tonight (thursday australia time). he said yes and we met up and everything was just normal., we chatted as if nothing had happened. we had dinner, then went and got a pool table and had a few games of pool and a few beers. i wasnt sure if i should bring up the "outing" so i kept quiet about it, i was basically just relieved to see he was acting totally normal around me. so eventually he brought it up himself, which pleaseantly surprised me. he said "well u kinda shocked me the other week" i was like yeah, i shocked myself by the fact i actually came out to you! he basically reiterated that when he comes down to it, he really couldnt give a fuck either way, as long as i was happy. he asked about my bf. it was kinda funny, he couldnt seem to say the actual word "boyfriend" so instead he said... "i would like to meet your..... mate"
i said id love him too, so looks like they will be meeting soon. theyve actually met once before, but only briefly at my fathers funeral, where my bf was only introduced as my "flatmate".
he asked what i intended to do regarding telling the rest of the fam. i said i wasnt sure, which is completely true, he said he will support me no matter what but doesnt think i need to rush into anything, which i agree with of course.
so basically, it is really really all good with my bro, and i couldnt be happier about that!!!

well im off for a weekend away , im off to the great australian city of melbourne for 3 days (melbourne is seriously awesome, i know everyone overseas hears all about sydney, which is awesome too, but melbourne is just so much fun) thanks to my regular commenters for ur support, i cant say how much it means to log in and see ur supportive messages!!! xox see u all soon

4 comments:

  1. It's great to hear that your brother is supportive. I thought that he would be. It's kinda funny that he couldn't use the word "boyfriend", but "mate" works I guess. It's more of an Australian term, so sounds different to me. Most young people are OK with gay friends or siblings.

    Enjoy your vacation. I hope to visit Sydney and Melbourne sometime, but not until my son is older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad things went well with your brother. It's great that he wants to meet your boyfriend.

    Enjoy the weekend in Melbourne.

    -nl

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad things are going well. best of luck in telling everyone else !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly am very happy for you - it sounds as if your life is finally going where you would like it to go.

    Your brother sounds like an amazing guy, you are very lucky to have him.

    http://straight-upgay.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete