Tuesday, May 4, 2010

O Brother, Where art thou?

so i havnt heard from my brother since he sent that sms the day after i came out to him. its not extremely unusual as we do go for long periods without talking, but i thought he woulda contacted me by now to catch up again and maybe follow up on our discussion. i might be being a bit paranoid, but im worried that hes been thinking about it and is now avoiding me. im thinking of texting him tomorrow and seeing if he wants to catch up later this week. i wanted him to contact me first to ask me to do something, but if he doesnt then i guess ill make the first move. if he says he cant make it, then ill know somethings up!!!
i think ive satisfied my "coming out" desire for now, i dont feel ready to tell anyone else yet. i know for most ppl once they tell 1 fam member, they usually tell the rest or at least some more, but thats just not me, as my story over the last few years shows, this is a slow process for me, but im getting there, and eventually will make it the whole way im sure.

in other news my mum is still very ill so im still a bit worried, hopefully she starts getting better soon, the longer shes ill the more worried i am!!

ive decided to keep blogging permanently for now, although with everything thats going on (ive also just started a new job!!) ill probably only have time for 1-2 posts per week. it just feels too good to get these thoughts and feelings out every now and then, its kinda soothing .

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! I hope that your mother has a quick recovery.

    Your brother may not know what to say next so isn't saying anything. Some people just don't know what to say about it - he probably has questions but thinks they might be too personal. I hope that he isn't trying to figure out if you are "the man or the woman" in the relationship as some (usually older) people do. And not hearing from him doesn't mean that there's a problem.

    Good to hear that you'll keep posting. Always interesting to hear what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know what you mean blogging does tend to be a good outlet

    Hope your mom gets better

    I agree this is all new to him so he maybe trying to think of how he is going to talk about it w/o coming across as rude

    Or he just wants to think things through

    Anyway take care
    Ethan

    btw I'm at a new blog now
    www.life-of-ethan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your mom gets better soon.

    Good luck with your brother.

    -nl

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanx guys! thanx ethan, i updated my blog list :)

    ReplyDelete