Sunday, April 25, 2010

lest we forget

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest we forget.

Yesterday was ANZAC day here in australia, our day of rememberance for our war veterans and armed forces. both my grandfathers were WWII vets, one has passed on now, the other still marches in the sydney parade every year, even though hes well into his 80's. one of my brothers marches proudly for my other grandfather, as they were very close. i go in every year to watch the parade, and cheer on the ppl who sacrificed so much for the great country of australia. and of course, as is the other anzac day tradition, after a morning of sombre rememberance, plenty of beer is to be drunk in the afternoon.
it was also a good day for me to reflect on what really matters in this world. i also thought about why i originally started this blog. it was for me, and for me alone. as an outlet for my thoughts. as a way to tell my story. although im still really really angry about the whole mikey thing, ive decided its time to move on. there are still many unanswered questions about the whole thing, but im guessing there are some questions that just will never be answered, and i want to focus on the real things in life.
even though i came out to my brother after being inspiried by mikeys story, it was still my decision to do so, and i dont regret that.
everything we do in life has a consequence, so im going to go out and live the best one i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment