Friday, February 5, 2010

ppl at work

ive been with the same employer over 4 years now. when i first started, i decided for the first time i was gunna be completely open about my sexuality for the first time. then, on my very first day, a girl comes up to me and introduces herself, says she is a friend of someone i went to school with. who happens to be best friends with my male best friend from school. oh great, so immediately im on the backfoot and abruptly change my mind, so back in the closet at work i go.
so for about the first year i told noone at work i was gay. then about a year after i started, i made a rare visit to a gay bar. and who else should be there? the guy i sit across from at work. i had my suspicions he was gay, and this obviously confirmed it. he immeditely saw me, and i was totally busted. he said he had no idea, he promised to keep it quiet.
after i got busted by him, the girl from the first day left, and i decided to start tellin some ppl. not many , just my close friends there, and mainly the girls, who ive discovered are always guarenteed not to give a shit, and usually even like u more once they know.
so flashforward to 2010, and im pretty sure nearly everyone at works knows by now. either ive told them or theyve been told by word spreading. its not an issue there, as i reckon half the guys at work are openly gay anyway, but most of em are pretty obviously gay , so it wasnt as if they really even had to tell anyone.
a lot of ppl have also met my bf now too, and ive introduced him as such, instead of my "flatmate"
me and the guy who busted me at the gay bar all those years ago ended up pretty good friends. we often go for our lunch breaks together and perve on all the hotties walkin round near our work. so for the first time in my life, im gay at work, and it doesnt bother me. this is defintely progress

6 comments:

  1. Yes, it is liberating to be able to be open, to not have to watch the pronouns when you talk about who you are dating. It's more relaxing not to have to guard yourself.

    What field are you in that half the guys are gay? Or would that be asking too much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi g&p
    its actually a corporate environment, but theres a call centre component of my department. most of the gay guys are call centre , although i dont work in the call centre part myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done John, it seems like you really getting a handle on taking your life forward.

    Wishing you all the best.

    www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice lucky too. I wish I could be out at least at school and home and I would be really happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. youll get there ethan, remember im 10 years older than u, and still not out to so many ppl . u r doing so well for ur age, believe me!

    ReplyDelete