Wednesday, January 27, 2010

girls are not always good flatmates

most guys reckon girls always make good flatmates. well i have a story which makes me disagree. at the beginning of 2004, i moved in with a female friend of mine. i had met her a couple of years before thru a mutual friend i had met online and had become friends with also, so she knew i was gay, and she was trustworthy enough to keep that secret. we always got along really well and were both looking for somewhere new to live at the same time, so everything seemed to be working out perfectly. we even both had the bits of furniture that the other didnt, but after a few weeks i found out what she was really like to live with. messy. unhygienic. a bit of an alcoholic . possessive. clingy. she would get extremely jealous whenever i spent time with at my bf's place instead of being at home with her, but because she gave me the shits so much, i was basically never home, which drove her mental. and so much for girls being the cleaner gender, she rarely cleaned. and she left her shit everywhere, including some grotty shit like used band aids. after a few months i decided i had had enough, but before i had a chance to tell her i wanted to move out, she beat me to it, and told me she wanted to move out. talk about good timing. we then had massive fights about cleaning, bond money, everything u can think of to do with moving. she sent me some really nasty text messages. girls can be so bitchy!
anyway, it all worked out well for in the end, cause it resulted in me and my bf moving in together as an alternative, and we have lived together happily ever since. it was a lot earlier than either of us had probably intended on moving in together, we had been together less than a year after all, and i think we both had some doubts in the beginning, but i think you quickly learn whether or not you can live with someone. i dont think i would ever again live with a friend, especially a female friend. i know of so many people who are no longer friends because they have lived together, and i dont want that to ever happen to me again!

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't sound like a fun living experience but at least positive came from it- now you get to wake up every morning next to your boyfriend :-)

    I actually had a situation where my two friends who were together decided to finally get their own place- and so like you- my boyfriend (at the time) decided to get our own place. That part didn't work out so hot- it wasn't not long after moving in that things ended. So with my current boyfriend I made him wait a couple years before we finally moved in together- even though our relationship is much healthier then the previous one.

    ReplyDelete