Thursday, January 21, 2010

meeting my bf

Septemer 2003 was a great month for me. it started with me getting a new job which i loved, i finally quit uni forever, as i had really begun to hate it and never wanted to go back, and of course, then i met my bf who ive now been with over 6 years.
it all happened very quickly. we met online and chatted for one night only, and swapped phone numbers.
we spent a couple hours on the phone, and got along really well. he was the same age as me, just a few months younger, and totally in the closet at the time, and he only lived 5 mins from me. we organised to meet up for a drink the next night at a straight pub not far from us. i hadnt seen a pic of him b4 we met, and i was blown away when i saw him. he was stunningly good looking. i thought there was no way someone this good looking would be interested in me, but apparently he felt the same. we spent the next few hours getting blind drunk, before we stumbled back to his place and had sex. i still remember going to work the next day, so hungover but so happy. we met up again the next night. then the next, and the next, and pretty much every night after that. within a month we had the "talk" and agreed we were now together.
we certainly had our issues in the beginning, as i reckon every couple does. mostly caused by the fact that that he was even more inexperienced than me with the whole gay thing, and had never had a bf, whilst i had only had 2 very short lived relatiionships which hadnt gone well. both of us being such closet cases also made things difficult.
but after some initial tidal waves, some massive fights, and even a temporary break up for 2 very depressing days, we ended up very happy and in love, and moved in together about a year later (as far as my family knows, he is still my "flatmate" 5 years later hahah!)

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear how you met your boyfriend. It is hard at the beginning for most gay couples - we don't grow up seeing how gay couples work and don't have the somewhat rigid gender rolls that straights do. Another blogger came out to his mother last night and she asked if he was "the man or the woman in the relationship"! I hope that you guys spend the rest of your lives together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol nice

    Congrats to you I hope my bf and I can be together for a long time but right now I just want to get to college and just be dating

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, this gives me hope, i myself have never really had the chance date, hopefully ill be able to find someone :)

    on another note, i love your blog, since i know nothing about gay couples and dating, im slowly learning with your blog...

    ...so i want to thank you for this awesome blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks guys!! appreciate the kind words

    ReplyDelete